The College of Home Science (CHSc), Bikaner as an important constituent unit of Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner is progressing leaps and bounds since its establishment in 1988.
The Home Science is a unique field of knowledge with its major thrust in strengthning family life. This college is imparting institutional training in Home Science especially in north-West zone of Rajasthan. The Home Science prepare girls to meet the need of rural and urban contributors to food production, environmental conservation and enhancement of resources. The graduates of Home Science play pivotal role in scientific household management on one hand and participate in rural development programme on other hand. The Home Science education also prepares students for professional life through entrepreneurship development. For this purpose, UG programme has been reorganized and one year has been added to provide professional skill oriented trainings, inplant training and Rural Area Work Experience to the under graduate students.
The college is also offering M.Sc & Ph.D degree since 1996 to impart professional competence to its graduating students. Apart from academics, various co-curricular activities (Fine Art, Cultural, Literary, NSS, NSO etc) are the part and parcel for grooming the overall personality of the Home Science students.
- To impart professional education in different disciplines of Home Science.
- To promote researches on need and region based issues.
- To extend home stead technologies at grassroot level for rural upliftment.
- To empower the students to meet the challenges of Economical and technological advancements.
- To undertake self-financing programmes and activities in Teaching, Research and Extension.